Today we’re looking at the steps to take to snag that first job out of school. An important part of that includes how you present yourself online. A portfolio is a solid way to control the message. It becomes the hub of all of your professional activity.
Here are some important steps:
1) Regularly check to see how your name appears in online searching. (Be sure to search when you are not logged into Google.)
2) Make sure your social profiles all link to your portfolio
3) When you post comments to blogs, you use your name and portfolio link
4) Make sure the only video content that is public online is the good stuff
5) Stay positive in what you say online
6) Low tech always works in the end. Send snail mail to thank potential employers for opportunities
By the way. I have a VERY long list of free and mostly free tools for website building and content sharing.